Maui USA is voted as the place with best of islands. It is also known as “THE VALLEY ISLE” which is the second largest Hawaiian island. Famously known for its beaches, the migrating humpback whales is also an attraction of this pace. We are presenting Travelling Tips For People Coming to Maui – United States of America
Each island has something different and unique for its travellers. Whether you want water activities or total relaxation, the place is perfect for you.
We are giving some of the best travel tips for an amazing and affordable trip to Maui. For experiencing this paradise, you need to keep these tips handy.
GETTING TO MAUI
- For reaching this place, the main airport is Kahului Airport.
- The check in baggage is limited to two per person
- Try to avoid overweight baggage in US. When flying domestically the US weight restriction is 50 pounds and for international flight, the baggage is 70 pounds.
- Identification tag on baggage is a necessity. Also, affix identification label on your laptop.
STAYING AT MAUI
- There is numerous variety of staying option in Maui. From high end resort, hotels, bed, etc. This place has everything.
- The average temperature of this place ranges between 75- 85 F. Summer from April to November is warmer and from December to March is drier. Therefore, every month is bets for visiting this place.
TRAVELLING IN MAUI
- In Maui, you can travel around with shuttle. Tour bus, taxi or even with public transport.
- For rental cars, it is suggested to book them in advance for hassle free travel.
- For affordable trip, the traveller can prefer public transport. They are safe and comfortable and also cheap
- The currency in Hawaii is US dollars.
- It can be easily converted at Kahului Airport (OGG).
- Most of the credit cards are widely accepted in the country.
- Also, the ATM are in plentiful in this country.
- The currency can also be exchanged at resort destination and neighbour island airport.
WHAT TO PACK
- When warm in Hawaii, it is suggested to pack summer attire.
- But it is also suggested to carry a jacket or sweater for the evening.
- Suits and ties are rarely worn here.
- For experiencing nightlife of this place, carry some casual dresses or resort wear.
As per the US standards following are the tipping standards-
- For restaurants, the tipping is 15-20%.
- For bar – $.50 – $ 1 per drink.
- Luggage porters- $1 per bag.
- Doorman- $1 US for calling taxi.
- Taxi – 15% of fare.
The official language of the place is English and Hawaiian. Major resort areas have Japanese customer service speaker.
INTERNET AND ELECTRICITY
The internet service is readily available in Hawaii. The electricity in US is 120 volts at 60 Hz per second. If your device does not accept this voltage, it is advised to buy a voltage converter.
IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS
- The area code for the state of Hawaii is 808
- Maui visitors bureau – 808 525- Maui- 6284
- Hospital – Maui Memorial Medical Centre 808 244- 9056
- Hana community health centre- 808 248- 8294
MAUI, US is an amazing tourist place with great and exciting beaches. It has something to attract every visitor . With best of its beaches, the place is ranked as top island tourist place. We have listed some of the important tips and material for people planning to visit Maui. For more, you can visit at http://www.tropicalbound.com/